Thank you for your interest in becoming a member of Deaf Aotearoa! There are lots of reasons to belong, one being it’s free to join! You don’t have to be Deaf. Membership is open to all people whether they are hearing or Deaf.
By becoming a member you will:
- Help us represent the Deaf community on issues of national importance.
- Stay in touch with our regular newsletters.
- Be the first to get information on workshops, events and new resources.
Your membership support makes it possible for us to:
- Preserve and expand Deaf awareness, culture, language and heritage efforts.
- Advocate for the civil rights of Deaf and hearing-impaired New Zealanders, including legal, employment, health care, emergency services and education access, such as the 111 TXT service.
- Develop future Deaf and hearing-impaired leaders through youth programmes and services.
- Work towards communication access, including technology, visual media and telecommunications accessibility.
- Strengthen Deaf Aotearoa's representation base and provide influence on public policy, legislation and advocacy issues.
- Handle public enquiries and referrals.
- And much more!