If you are Deaf, we can provide Deaf-friendly equipment that will make everyday life easier. Equipment is available free of charge if you meet criteria set by the Ministry of Health. We have registered assessors who will meet with you to talk through equipment options and how to get them.
Here are just some of the devices available:
- Wake up on time with a vibrating alarm clock.
- Communicate with your doctor, family or friends by fax.
- Type conversations using a special telephone device (TTY).
- Make sure you wake when your baby does with a baby alarm.
- See when the door bell, telephone or fire alarm is ringing with flashing lights.
Please contact your local office to make an appointment with one of our registered assessors.