Charities Commission Registration Number CC10248
Full access and participation for Deaf in Aotearoa New Zealand.
Create opportunities that enable Deaf people to achieve their aspirations.
Deaf people are valued
- Deaf people have a strong sense of identity and self-worth.
- Society values and promotes NZSL, Deaf culture and diversity within the Deaf community.
- Deaf people are employed and contribute to the economy of New Zealand.
Deaf people are educated and informed
- NZSL is used throughout the education system so that Deaf people can be life-long learners.
- Deaf people can access the information they need to make the right decisions and achieve their goals.
Deaf communities grow, develop and thrive
- Deaf community organisations are healthy, resilient and sustainable.
- Strengths, assets, skills and talents are recognised, shared and developed.
- Deaf people access Government, community, health and social services when, where and how they need to.
Deaf Aotearoa is strong and sustainable
- Strengthen Deaf Aotearoa’s role as a Disabled Person’s Organisation.
- Provide strong representation, influence and leadership at regional, national and international level.
- Cultivate valuable partnerships with allied organisations. Develop our people to their full potential.